Monday, December 3, 2007

Ah, Paris

What can I say? It was Paris. Photo montage, go!
First sight of the trip, Arc de Triomphe.


Are words necessary?


Still not sure I was actually there.

La nuit étoilée by Van Gogh in Musse d'Orsay. In the next few rooms surrounding this were also Reniors, Monets, Degas and other impressionists I've heard of and never thought I'd actually experience beyond books and computer screens. Definitely contends for the highlight of the trip.


More impressionism.


Sorry, couldn't help myself. It was soo tempting.


We couldn't find Nicole Kidman or Ewan McGregor.


So Mom, did I tell you our hotel was a block outside of the red light district?


Inside the National Opera House, the home of the Phantom.


Yep, I was really there.


There she is. So tiny. So much hype. But we actually saw her smile.

70 meters square, Wedding Feast at Cana by Paolo Caliari dit Veronese. One of the largest paintings in the museum and directly across the room from Mona Lisa.


When in doubt, follow the Asians.


Do you really want to know?


Some art from the Islamic section.


Notre Dame.


More for the Catholics.

River Seine at night. Muah.


Tour Eiffel at night. Gorgeous. And we actually went up in it this time. Great way to end our trip.

No comments: